The Food Pantry at St. Michael’s is offering, each third Saturday of the month, curbside pick up of a bag of grocery staples between 10:30 am – 11:30 am.
This is in addition to the “always open” shelf in the Community House.
Can you help us? Donate any of the following items:
- canned fruit (not pears) and applesauce
- cold cereal, especially non/low sugar varieties
- rice and pasta mixes
- baked beans
- canned beans — all varieties
- canned pasta
- pasta sauces — marinara, pesto, alfredo, meat
- jelly — all varieties
- canned soup
- canned tomatoes
- canned veggies (not peas or beets)
- baking mixes — brownies, cookies, cakes, pancake/waffle, muffins, etc
- granola bars
- condiments — mustard, ketchup, oils, bbq or steak sauce (not mayo)
- coffee and tea
- shelf stable beverages — milk, juice, etc
Small packages are best so that we may serve as many people as we can. Suggested places to do your Pantry shopping and make your donation most cost effective are Costco, Ocean State Job Lot, BJ’s, Dollar Tree, and Aldi. Donations can be left in the pews on the left in the sanctuary or on the shelf in the entry of the Community House.