St. Michael’s Parish is participating in the 300-year celebration for the town of Litchfield by offering guided and self-guided tours of the church’s interior beginning on July 4 and available on Saturdays from 10a.m. to 1p.m. through October.
Church members Peg Sullivan, Susan Pollock and Curry Walker are tour guides. Those who wish to plan ahead for a different time for a tour can do so by contacting the Parish Administrator at 860-567-9465 weekdays from 9:30a.m. to 2:30p.m.
St. Michael’s Parish is a neo-Gothic cruciform building built in the English Decorated style popular c. 1250-1380, designed by acclaimed architects Rossiter and Mueller. There are several stained-glass windows created by the Tiffany studios, an organ containing 2254 pipes, a triptych mural by H. Sidons Mowbray, and elaborate woodcarvings. The church is located just off the Litchfield green at 25 South Street.