- canned fruit (not pears) and applesauce
- cold cereal, especially non/low sugar varieties
- rice and pasta mixes
- baked beans
- canned beans — all varieties
- canned pasta
- pasta sauces — marinara, pesto, alfredo, meat
- jelly — all varieties
- canned soup
- canned tomatoes
- canned veggies (not peas or beets)
- baking mixes — brownies, cookies, cakes, pancake/waffle, muffins, etc
- granola bars
- condiments — mustard, ketchup, oils, bbq or steak sauce (not mayo)
- coffee and tea
- shelf stable beverages — milk, juice, etc
Food Pantry at St Michaels Litchfield
The Food Pantry at St. Michael’s is offering, each third Saturday of the month, curbside pick up of a bag of grocery staples between 10:30 am – 11:30 am.
This is in addition to the “always open” shelf in the Community House.
Can you help us? Donate any of the following items:
Small packages are best so that we may serve as many people as we can. Suggested places to do your Pantry shopping and make your donation most cost effective are Costco, Ocean State Job Lot, BJ’s, Dollar Tree, and Aldi. Donations can be left in the pews on the left in the sanctuary or on the shelf in the entry of the Community House.
Wednesday, February 26th is the first day of Lent. Here’s a challenge for you! Each day in Lent, remove one item from your Pantry shelves that you are willing to donate to the Food Pantry at St. Michael’s. Put them into a grocery bag and on April 5th bring your bag to church for a dedication and we’ll fill our Pantry shelves. Many will be thankful for your generosity! Neighbors Feeding Neighbors!
Food Pantry needs
Syrup, hot cereal, juice and coffee
(any roast will do) – don’t stop!
If you don’t have extra time this week,
Grab an envelope –cash or a check will do;
Don’t like to shop?
We’ll do it for you!